Friday, January 05, 2007

Xanax and Work

I really don't have much to say today. Watching the time SLOWLY tick by. We are slow, which is not unusual for the first week back after the holiday's, all of our clients are slowing getting back into things, I'm sure next week will be hell, and I'm almost out of Xanax!

Yeah, I took too many Xanax today and think I might possibly be a bit high, which is not a horrible place to be. My doctor gave me a VERY low dosage, and only gave me 20 of them, with no refills. He did put me on antidepressants too, but I can't tell if those are doing anything other than making my hands shake until I take Xanax to stop the shaking (go figure). So I can't say the shakes today made me OD on the Xanax, I think sheer boredom and the fact that I now officially hate coming to work every day (although the drugs do make it more bearable for the time being).

I hate that too, cuz I used to really like my job, I used the say it's the best job I've ever had. I will still agree with that, but am so ready to move on. I've got some things in the works, that hopefully by next week or the week after I'll be able to slap my resignation notice on my boss' desk, can't wait to see that. I've thought about trying to rig a camera to my glasses somehow, so I can capture the moment on film, because I know he's going to freak the fuck out.

I'm not a bridge burner, you never know when you will need someone's help in the future, or if you possibly could work with them again. I don't plan to rag on him or anyone else, but let's just say I've been working on my speech to give him as to the why's and the what's, as I feel I do need to say some things, but in a very eloquent manner.

That's about all for me, I'm leaving at 5pm to go meet my gal pals Shelley and Denise for cocktails at where you ask? Why The Landing of course! It's usually an every Friday happy hour tradition for us, but we've all been so busy, that it's been about 3 weeks, so I have a feeling I'll be horizontal on the couch much of tomorrow. Gonna go hang out at the boys house tomorrow night, and just lay low (he's got Xanax, I plan on taking some of his for stocking purposes, tee-hee-hee) and watch a movie or something. I haven't seen him in a week, so Mama needs some lovin'!

1 comment:

House of Suz said...

I'm in the same "would love to quit my job" mode, but I need the cash.

Telecom is such a small world I'd run into someone again, probably way too soon.

And stop with all the pills already, you user you!