Monday, January 08, 2007

Long Hair is Bad...In Your Thirties

So a different guy at work as been sporting long hair for way too long. I believe he's about 33 years old. He has beautiful strawberry blonde hair, but come on, long hair was cool in the early 90's with the whole grunge movement. Today, not so cool. At least not to me. And I am quite persuasive and managed to convince him to cut his hair.

He came to work today with it all cut off, looking pretty good except some weird tail like thing the hair stylist left on the back (I have also convinced him to go back and get that fixed, as it's really lame, and is giving him a late 80's "rat tail" effect).

Upon closer inspection, I realized she did an awfully horrible job of trimming up his neck/back hair and decided to start ripping out the long one's by hand. That was fun. Let me tell you, it was really, really fun. This guy and I have had our ins and outs over the years, he's very temperamental (I know, some of you are chuckling right now) and has made me cry twice in the four years I have worked here. So ripping out backhair was rather therapeutic. I did eventually feel bad and went and got some tweezers, but I still had fun with those too. He now appreciates what women go through in the wax/tweezing world, that's for sure.

I think he was more horrified that he was indeed growing backhair along his shoulder blades and upper neck area. Ripping them out by hand was indeed one of the funnest things I have gotten to do to a man to inflict pain...call me a sadist if you will.

As you can see by my blog, we are rather slow today, my horribly bitchy boss is now gone and not back until Thursday for some sort of board meeting. Oh darn, Shawna's so fucking sad to see him go! :)

1 comment:

House of Suz said...

Tell your coworker that now that he has short hair he has to shell out big bucks for a decent stylist. That'll make his day.