Monday, January 15, 2007

It's Official, my new life begins 2/1/07

Well, it's done folks. Got my official offer from the new company this am, signed that puppy real quick, as it was more than I expected, which is a nice bonus! My boss here at the current job was tied up in meetings all morning, so I didn't get to tell him until after lunch. It was a very short meeting.

I think his initial reaction was complete and utter shock. He seemed to relax a bit when he realized I was getting out of our industry altogether and moving onto something new. You know how company's can get when they feel you are "betraying" them to go onto a new place. He of course asked where, compensation, etc. I told him, and when I told him the compensation, I think he puked in his mouth a little. I'm assuming he wanted to know in hopes of being able to counter offer. I had already made up my mind that if he tried, it didn't matter, it's time for me to move onto something new. I've been in the Ad/Print business for 11 years now, and it's put me on Anti Depressants and Xanax, so I'd like to get off of them if at all possible.

Unfortunately he of course told me to "lay low" for a few days and not tell people...oops....too late, but if he finds out what is he gonna do, fire me? hahahahaha I want to do cartwheels down the hallways I am so excited but alas, I must refrain for now.

It's going to be sad leaving here, for one simple reason. They have a great core group of folks that I truly care for and love with all my heart, I'm going to definitely miss seeing them every day.

The good thing is that at the new company, I already know most of the staff, so it won't be walking into a weird, new environment which is really nice and comforting. I think that's why I'm not freaking out and happy about it. I'm quite a creature of habit for those that know me well, this kind of change would normally freak the fuck out of me, but because it's not completely foreign, I'm totally excited and super charged to get going.

2007 is going to be one hell of an awesome year for me, I feel it!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

yeah, thanks for taking my phone call. Our relationship has come to this...I have to read your blog to get information about you. It's so impersonal! Well, I am glad that the shit did not hit the fan and that you seem tobe utterly happy about this decision.

Shawna said...

Sorry, I was so worn out from the stress of having to resign that I went home, fell asleep on the couch at 6:30pm and then did not wake again until 11pm, figured you were fast asleep, sorry yo, nothing against you!

House of Dave said...

Woo-hoo!

Of course, I don't know anything about the new job other than it is outside "the industry." I guess we'll need to hook up soon. I've been laying low, barely left the house in the last week. I've even cooked. More than once.

House of Suz said...

Congrats! I sure do wish I can resign soon!

Shawna said...

I'll be working for Lance (the big guy) at Soft Layer. www.softlayer.com

I will be the Director of Communications

Yes Dave, we need to hook up soon, I haven't seen you since my b-day party, um, MONTHS ago!!!

Anonymous said...

can i take some of that xanax off your hands? love, bart.