Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A Dude Got Fired Today

So a dude here at my company got fired today. He did deserve to be fired, but I did like the guy, he wasn't the best worker, wasn't the fastest worker, wasn't really much of anything, but he smoked and went to The Landing from time to time, so how could I hate the guy?

Basically in the almost 2 years he had been here, he only made it to work on time once. Yes, you got that right, only once. Granted, his shift began at 6am, but hell, the dude got to leave at 2:30pm! Also, I'm sure some days it was only by a few minutes, but in our business, time is money, and if our printers aren't running (and he was an operator for 9 printers) we aren't making any moola!

Apparently he didn't make a fuss at all, didn't even tell my boss to F off, which I know from smoke conversations with the kid before, that he really wanted to. He said a few choice things to his immediate supervisor about my boss, but other than that, he left without incident.

Sad though, we are such a small company, that everyone knew "the walk of death" because we are now in a big open warehouse where everyone can see everyone (except for us exec's, we get offices) and when your supervisor is walking you out, that is never a good sign. Of course everyone is trying to get scoopage from me, but I don't know too much, just what I fished out of his supervisor.

1 comment:

House of Suz said...

Lost 2 in our office last week, but it's a sales office and numbers talk.

Happy New Year? More like Happy Fresh Slate.