Thursday, January 18, 2007

I'm Awesome (apparently)...

The last few days have been interesting for me, made me realize that I really DO know what I'm doing at my job and that people DO have respect for me in this business, my boss aside, at least I know I was worth something while I was here.

As you know, one of my main jobs here was Purchasing. I have several vendors that I deal with on a day to day basis so I've been calling them the last several days to let them know that I am leaving. Everyone has been really nice, complimentary and quite honestly freaked the fuck out. Quotes such as:

"Who the hell is going to know how to order like you?!?"
"This sucks!"
"I'm surprised it took you this long, your boss is an asshole, please tell me I don't have to talk to him!"
"You will be missed, they are going to be upside down trying to figure this out once you are gone"

Those are just a few. I'm not one to toot my own horn (at least I think I'm not like that, am I?) but man it has made me feel good. I know I'm good at what I do, I know I generally work my hardest every single day, and all that, but sometimes just hearing it sure is cool.

Here's another holiday pic, this time with my niece Loren on the left, me in the middle and my second cousin Taylor on the right.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm convinced that all bosses are stupid and people who are happy working for someone else are retarded.

Shawna said...

Yeah, but working for yourself is stressful too, then you have to worry about all those other people and making sure they are paid and shit!

House of Suz said...

Congrats! And it is great to hear all that, unfortunately no one ever tells you until you're hitting the door, right?