Monday, April 09, 2007

Festivals ARE Fun

So I have two coming up.

Fry Street Fair - April 14

Which is this weekend, and I haven't been since probably '98. I am probably way too old for this, and will regret the Sunday hangover terribly, but it sure will be fun, trying to keep up with the 20-somethings there. Their site sucks, it sucks big time. Last week, the dumb-asses at the Delta Lodge forgot to renew their site with GoDaddy, so it was down. At least they put the bong down long enough to renew, as I'm sure there were a lot of pissed off people.

The best part, is that I actually KNOW one of the bands in it this year. Joint Method. I am friends with one of the guys. Good stuff. Lots of fun, excited to see them in action.

Muenster Fest - April 27 - 29

This is an event that I went to two years ago with my now employers. This is a ridiculous display of "how much can we drink in 3 days" and we all do our bestest to win that title. I am scared, very scared. I got into a Crown Royal drinking contest at the last one, and I lost miserably. At least that's what I'm told. I remember it being midnight, then it being 7am and me needing to get out of the top bunk of the RV in a bad way, as I needed to hurl whatever was left in my stomach. It wasn't much.

We will be "camping out" for this event. Camping out means RV's, a hotel rental so we can shower and pooh properly (plenty of port-a-potties) so it's not really camping. I think I am the ONLY one who actually attended the event 2 years ago, it was hot, and I needed a hat.

We camp next to the grounds, and BBQ all weekend. Well, one guy BBQ's and we eat it as soon as we can.

My memories of this event will be hazy at best.


So that's what I have coming up. Hopefully I'll have some good stories for ya.

OH, I also have a date on Wednesday with a new boy from match.com, we'll see. He seems normal, but so did the last one....

3 comments:

Ed & Jeanne said...

You should tell us how the party was before you go...that way you'll have it covered when you don't remember.

Match.com; how fun. If it's a disaster be sure to save the story. We could get rich writing about Match.com misadventures!

Unknown said...

a date? why didn't you tell me? call me!!

Shawna said...

VE - As long as this one isn't crazy like the last match.com boy, I'll be a happy girl! This is only the 3rd match.com date I've been on in over 3 years of being on the stupid site!

Jodi - don't even start with me, you owe ME a phone call missy, I texted you on Thursday, and IM'ed you yesterday and you just ignore me....if you'd call a sister back, maybe you'd know what was going on!