Monday, April 23, 2007

"D" is for Dandy

No, no, his name is not Dandy, that would just be weird!

We had a great time this weekend, it was nice to finally get to spend some quality alone time together. I took him to Zoo Music yesterday so he could geek out on some musical equipment, alas Zoo Music doesn't really cater to a bass player, as he told me their selection was kinda small. What do I know about music stores? Nada!

His music is amazing, I got to hear some of his samples of stuff he has created on his computer. He is really into the electronic music (not techno, like actual music made from a computer) and let me tell you, my ears liked what I heard. Very interesting and could definitely be used in movies or TV. I don't know if it bothered him, or he liked it, but I listened to each one, and made up a little story about a TV or movie scene that I thought it would fit into. Either he finds me amusing or annoying!

He also told me he wrote a song for me. I have not heard it yet, as he wrote it for an acoustic guitar, and that is one instrument he does not have right now. He said it was in the same vein as Tenacious D, so I of course asked if it was dirty and funny. He told me it was funny and sweet, so I guess he made it so the family could hear it one day! I'm looking forward to hearing it. He said once he gets the guitar, he wants to practice it, so when I hear it, it's right! He also said he's never written a song for a girl before, so whether or not it's true, I bought it hook, line and sinker! I asked about that again later in person, and he said he really never has. I believe him.

Wow, that's a sentence you don't see me write often. "I believe him." Yay for me! Yes folks, I know I was all excited about the last boy, but you saw after 3 weeks there was some drama going on. This is different, I PROMISE!

I will also promise that my blogs won't always be about "D", but I'm sure there will be some, just deal with it!

So yeah, I had another fun weekend. Can't wait to see him again, although it will be a week or so, as he's busy with school and I'm off to Muensterfest this weekend. My friend Felicia in Denton is going to get Sergio and Georgie on Wednesday, so I'll probably go up to Denton after work Monday to pick her up, maybe stop by "D"'s beforehand, that is, if he will deal with cleaning up the cat hair for me.

He's got 3 cats, and I'm totally allergic. If that's the only thing he's got against him, I can handle that. As long as I don't touch them and the house has minimal cat hair I'm fine. I'm sure Jodi can give him some "cleaning the house for Shawna's arrival" tips, as she's got to do it every time, as she's got 3 of her own! Benedryl is also a lifesaver for me when the cats are around. Being high on Benedryl isn't gay either!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

As long as you throw in a reference or two, here and there, about your threadbare pajama bottoms, I'll be happy! ;)

noone said...

Wow, I'm not sure I'm going to be able to keep lunch down now...

Unknown said...

All I do is vacuum like normal, and then I take one of those lint roller things (masking tape on a stick) and try to get all the hair off the couch. I don't really do a bang up job of trying to get it clean for you, maybe that's why you always have to take the benedryl. It will be better in the new house, yay, hardwoods, no more carpet. Carpet sucks balls and I hate it.

Anywho, glad that you guys are getting on so well. You deserve it! You are the coolest chic ever, besides me of cours, so how could he not like you?

Shawna said...

rlk - i will be sure to discuss my pajamas from time to time

brandon - whatever, you are just jealous, if the french chic hadn't had a boyfriend, you might be blogging gay posts about her at this point

jodi - interesting...good to know you care about my wellbeing...hahaha

Gnomeself Be True said...

I haven't been around for awhile...now I find that you're blogging again and "love is in the air."

If you get married and if I move to Texas and if I lose my f'n mind, I'd be happy to shoot your wedding.

Only the part about my moving to Texas is really unlikely.

House of Suz said...

Jodi, congrats on the carpetless house! Enjoy Shreveport!

Shawna, I'm right there with you about cats, and we have one.

Iamnot, against Texas?

stringtapper said...

jodi - I've got to look into this "vacuum" thing you're talking about. Sounds like it could be useful.

shawna - From the Oxford dictionary:

dandy (n.) - a man unduly devoted to style, neatness, and fashion in dress and appearance.

erm...

WWW
0--0
<
O