Wednesday, February 14, 2007

V-Day

Well, they made me upgrade too, was wondering when that would happen.

So I promised another Valentine's Day story, this one from when I was 19 or 20.

So I was dating my now ex fiance, the first or second go around on this particular Valentine's Day. I was over at a friends house, and I couldn't get in touch with him. He finally calls back (yes, this was before cell phones) and I ask what we are going to do that night. He tells me that he had plans to hang out with his roommate that night. I of course throw a little fit, cuz it's Valentine's Day and we are supposed to be together damnit! He agrees to come over to my friends house "for a while". I of course think that once he's there, he won't want to be without me! HA Anyway, he finally shows up, with his roommate in tow. They are stoned off their asses, which would be fine if they brought weed for us, but alas, no, no weed for us. He stays for about 10 minutes and then says that they gotta go. I am furious. They leave. My friend and I proceed to find some weed, get really high, and then go out to a bar and get totally wasted.

I find out the next day that they had gone to the West End (he used to work at Planet Hollywood as a door guy, when it was cool to work there) and he entered a kissing contest with some random chic and actually WON!

Man, I know how to pick 'em, don't I?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

who was this friend you were hanging out with....could it have been me? I don't think so,becuase I dont remember any of that,but my memory ain't what it used to be

Shawna said...

It was Katherene. Stupid whore.

Ed & Jeanne said...

Hopefully Valentine Days have been a little more positive since then...

Shawna said...

I actually have had a few good one's, but those aren't as much fun to talk about!

I do feel that it is a stupid holiday, but will admit when the guy does put in some effort, it's really nice.

I'm single again, so this one will be spent sitting on the couch in my pj's watching TV with my dog!

Anonymous said...

wow he sounds like the best boyfriend ever!

Shawna said...

Funny thing is that I actually agreed to marry the guy 6 years later. He ended up marrying his mistress instead...and they say people change! HAHAHA