Thursday, February 22, 2007

Is It Just Me?

Or have you all noticed lately that there is a phenomenon going on in the blogging world. There is a short phrase (2 words really) and another word that have been all over everyone's blog lately. I think everyone likes these words, and somehow has managed to incorporate them into their blog.

whilst
I digress

Yeah, you know who you are!

It just seems that almost every day I am seeing those 2 used in more and more blogging. I haven't heard them being used elsewhere (like on TV or radio), so I'm going to assume that our little blogging community is becoming quite incestuous and stealing these nifty little words from their friends.

It's not that I dislike either of the 2, I have just noticed an overwhelmingly high use of them lately. Very popular in the blog world.

That's all I got. Just had to point it out. I thought about showing all the places I've noticed them, but that would take way too long, and again, you know who you are.

3 comments:

Shawna said...

p.s. no need to point out that I happen to love the "quotes" and the (parentheses), I know these are used probably too much on my blog. It's how I write yo!

House of Suz said...

I have been using "But I digress..." in my blog since the early 1960's, so I think I may have started the whole fad. I am not a fan of whilst, though. Maybe I'll come up with an oft unused term or phrase to get the new ball rolling! (Perhaps it will be oft?)

Shawna said...

Sue - I actually hadn't noticed it on yours. Hell, the people's blogs I have noticed it on, probably don't even come to mine!