Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Various Nothingness

Today has actually been a rather productive day here at work. We are working on a new website launch for Monday and I think we'll actually hit it. I may have to work a bit this weekend, but nothing I'm not used to. Not sure on that yet, I will do everything in my power to get it done before then.

I finally pushed the button at dell.com for my new home computer. I am so free spending when it's a couple hundred bucks, but when we are talking $1000.00 I get all freaked out, I don't know why. I'm a nerd. Got a good deal with no interest or payments for 12 months, so free money! I will have that puppy paid off way before then. I also had my resident "nerd" make sure what I got was "worthy" and he approved, so all is well. The unfortunate thing is that it's not scheduled to arrive until the 23-25, guess they are waiting on parts or something. That part sucks, but hopefully it'll get better, since I JUST did it. It is ridiculous that I work for a high tech company and I don't have a working computer at home! Now I just need to sign up for service and get that scheduled and I'll be set. Back into the 21st century once again! I can't believe I have gone an entire year without a computer at home. Now I'm all excited and can't wait for my new arrival!

I also received "D"s guitar I purchased for his birthday. Don't worry, he picked it out, so he already knows. I want to hear my damned song he wrote about me and he won't let me hear it without the right instrument. Damned musicians! Don't worry, I didn't spend a shitton of money or anything, it was a good deal and I'll make sure he writes a ton of songs about me, so it gets plenty of use. His true passion is bass, so this is just a "toy" for him. Hopefully he'll give me a file when he records it and I can post it here (hint, hint) That will probably be a post next month though, as his birthday is the 23rd, and I'm making him wait to get it.

My flowers are still looking gorgeous, sitting on my desk to remind me that I think I've finally found a good, decent man, who appreciates what I have to offer. Now don't get me wrong people, I am a total and complete pain in the ass sometimes, I have never tried to hide that, but I also have some really good qualities too! Apparently he's seen those, cuz he sure does seem to like me!

I'll have to admit, I really think that finally getting on some medication has really changed how I view things. I don't get nearly as stressed out or freak out about the little stuff anymore, it's a godsend for me, and I think for anyone that is close to me! I used to be the person that said I could handle it, I didn't need to be on drugs to stabilize my moods, well, I was terribly wrong. It's been a long time since I've had a freak out episode and I'm just as happy about that as anyone who has ever witnessed it!

I am really trying to post every day, I've been doing pretty good, but my posts have been kind of boring, I think once I get my home PC, they will be better, I'll do them from there, where I can really let loose and take some time on them. I'll also start posting pics again.

Ok, heading home as all these storms fried my hard drive on my receiver so I've been forced to have to watch live TV. Let me tell ya, TiVO spoils the hell outta you, it is so hard to watch TV without being able to pause, or even better, 30 minutes after a show starts, so you don't have to sit through commercials. My new receiver should arrive on Friday, so I'll be back to normal by the weekend. Thank GOD!

4 comments:

Gnomeself Be True said...

That Dell deal is good, but beware. One day late on a payment and they'll jack your interest into the stratosphere.

Ed & Jeanne said...

No Tevo, no computer? Who DO you survive? At work we have meetings where we actually talk...but then we have to put the same thing in an email just to prove what we said. How computer addictive is that?

Shawna said...

iamnot - 12 months interest free, so no worries, i've also NEVER missed a payment or bounced a check in my life, it's part of my anal-retentive charm

variant - yeah, no TiVO is definitely the worst thing in the world, it's almost unbearable. LOST last night sucked, cuz I couldn't pause and rewind to recheck stuff!

Anonymous said...

You could say your were LOST without your TiVO...