Monday, May 14, 2007

12 Hour Day....

Well, I got to work at 7:15am this morning and am still here. I'm not bitching, because this is the FIRST day, since 2/1/07 when I started that I've actually needed to stay late. We are attempting to launch our website, version 2 soon....like tomorrow. Let me tell you, in all my years of experience, I have never gone through a website launch and it's a bitch, let me tell ya. It's a shitton of work.

I'll be in again tomorrow at 7am to review copy again. For those of you who I talk to on a regular basis, you know I've been in copy hell for several weeks now. BUT, the end is in site. I think.

I think I can leave soon, just waiting on our web guy to say he's doing the rest from home, hopefully that's soon. I need to make sure he doesn't have any further questions for me. I don't need any reason for something not getting done.

I am tired, couldn't get to sleep last night, so I'm only on five hours, which I usually need a good eight to be really fresh and functional. I am definitely losing steam, I can tell you all that much. The bad thing is, I know I'll go home and over-obsess about it and worry about it all night long and again, probably only get about five hours of sleep.

At my last job this was generally an every day occurrence, it's amazing how quickly your body gets used to actually getting sleep and enjoying it! I worked on average at my last job about 60 hours a week. It was nothing to work 12 hour shifts during the week, then put in a few more on the weekend. SL has spoiled me.

Off to check on the designer, hopefully he'll tell me to scram!

6 comments:

Shawna said...

post time is wrong, it's an hour behind, it's really 7pm here.

House of Suz said...

Hope you're still not there, because it's tomorrow now and all.

Gnomeself Be True said...

"BUT, the end is in site."

So, is that "site" bit meant as a pun, or do you need someone to check your blog copy too?

Ok, smart-ass bothering the sleep deprived...I'm a lot of fun.

Shawna said...

Well, got here at 7am again, and I'm FRIED. I can't even see straight, staring at a screen all day is taxing.

Yes, I meant for that pun to be there, I'm a clever little thing aren't I?

Good news - not launching until Monday the 21st

Bad news - boss says it better be PERFECT

Ed & Jeanne said...

12 hour day? I get stressed if I have to be at work for 6 hours. I'm so not used to it now.

Shawna said...

Well, today it's only 10, because I'm about to jet and get the hell outta here and go lay on my couch all night with my d-o-double-g.

I couldn't even LOOK at the site today, I needed a break, I'll start reviewing again tomorrow, with a fresh view.

Yeah, apparently after 4 1/2 months of being away from the other place, I got quite used to my leisurely job as well.