Friday, February 17, 2006

Dog House

Friday night, almost 9pm. This whole buying a house thing is really cramping my style. I really want to go out, or at least I think I do, because isn't that what a 30 year old single girl is supposed to do? How am I going to ever do that dating thing if I don't go out right? I really don't need to spend the money though. Just paid all my bills for this paycheck, and as usual, I'm broke, and I just got paid 2 days ago. Luckily my credit card (the only one I'll allow myself to use anyway) is maxed, maybe that'll help keep me in. $17 on it actually, so sad....
I'm sure I'll end up out and about in a few hours, I always do. I guess I should do it now, cuz when I sign those house papers, there will be no going out for a while. It's going to turn into a 2 times a month thing, if I'm lucky. Man, that's gonna be weird....
In the beginning it won't be so bad, because hopefully I can lure people over to see my new pad and play the whole "bring some beer cuz I'm poor" routine. Maybe some of them will be kind enough to offer up their painting services, that would rock too! Gave my dad a call the other day to tell him about my recent ventures and he offered up his services without my prompt, so that's awesome. He own's his own "fixer upper" service. He paints, remodels, fences, tiles, basically anything but electrical, plumbing and carpeting. So that's gonna be so rad, cuz I know all I'll have to do is supply the materials (and he gets a contractor's discount) and feed him, make sure his iced tea or dr. pepper is always full. He's going to save me a small fortune alone!
My goal is to make my place rad enough that people will want to hang out there, that way only going out twice a month isn't so bad, cuz the par-tay will come to me!

Over on the puppy side of my life, went tonight to Petsmart and spent almost $100 on doggy supplies, she'll be good and spoiled already! Crates are expensive by the way, who knew a bunch of wire could cost so much? Got a cute little red dog collar, tags, a chocolate brown bed that has fuzzies inside, the crate, some smell good stuff and food. Already had some brand new toys, the leash and water and food dishes. Blanca is good to go.
Yep, sticking with Blanca, from what I hear from her parents (Jr. & Mia) she sounds like a feisty mexican woman, so the name stays. Think it'll suit her fine. She will be going to doggy training, so hopefully I can calm her down a bit. Who am I kidding, when I get her she will only be 9 weeks old. She's gonna drive me BONKERS!
But I'm excited, I've never owned an actual puppy. My last dog was a rescue, and he was about 2 years old when he was adopted. He's still alive, the ex-fiance got the rights. Bastard. That was one kick ass dog, I miss Scooter, a.k.a. Puter, Le Scoot, and various other nicknames.

That's about all for now. Think I'm gonna go smoke, take a bath and shave my hairy legs, then decide if I'm going out or not. Also need to eat somewhere in there.

4 comments:

House of Suz said...

Nothing like making minor changes in your life to spruce it up. Buy house. Get dog. When's the sex change operation?

Anonymous said...

I honestly think you should call Blanca "Cunce"; it would make me very happy - and really, isn't that what you're supposed to do??

Shawna said...

I had to google Cunce, that's how retarded I am. Should have known it was derived from "C You Next Tuesday" and NO, I am not calling my dog that, no matter how happy it would make you Tav, just can't do it...

Anonymous said...

darn, I really hoped that it would slip through... and then when Cunce took a dump on your neighbours lawn you'd scold her with the statement "oh, you dirty little cunce..."

GOLD, I tell you, GOLD.

On that note - how about Pony?