Monday, January 09, 2006

Day 9

So it's day 9 of my 31 days of non-drinking.....um......yeah.......it's just fan-fucking-tastic. Seriously, just kidding. Although we will now get into why not drinking is not really going to save me money, it's inevitably going to cost me more.
So I had my first weekend of non-alcoholic entertainment. Can I just start by saying, it's rather lonely! Everyone I know likes to get loaded on the weekends to blow of some steam, so I'm just left like a shadow, waving sadly in the background, while everyone peels off in their camaro's and shit to go to the Landing. Ok, so maybe that's a bit of an overstatement (because I don't know anyone that has a camaro, but it sure would be bitchin' if someone did) of the truth, but you get my drift.
So let's do a little play by play, and you can comment on whether or not this was a "fun filled weekend". Friday night I went straight home, been battling a bit of a sinus infection/bronchitis little ditty, so just wanted to go home and take a bunch of drugs and pass the fuck out. So I went home, piddled around the house, played online spades for way too long (what the hell else did I have to do?) and took a bunch of drugs and passed out around 12:30am. Woke up at 8:30 on Saturday morning (thanks Jodi) and went right back to sleep until about 10ish. Called Amanda to get the scoop on the night before (god forbid something happens at The Landing and I'm not there to witness it) and was pleasantly surprised to find out that not a thing had happened, it was lame, so Amanda started drinking whiskey and got hammered. So I went over to Amanda's and we went to Goldrush for breakfast with Brandon. I got to listen to them pick at eachother for about an hour, and then made my way alone to Ikea in Frisco. Wasn't as nightmarish as I had suspected. Got a few things (and no, not enough, I must go back for more, I am a brainwashed drone) and headed back to non-suburbia. Hit the Blockbuster on the way home. I pick up Radio (old movie, but on the recommendation of my sister Sherri), Mr. & Mrs. Smith, The Exorcism of Emily Rose, March of the Penguins and Last Days (as Gus Van Sant flick about Curt Cobain).
And now for the reviews of the movies I have watched thus far:

Radio
-Cuba Gooding Jr. playing a retard (yep, I said retard) and befriends the coach of a small town football team. Blah, blah, blah, suck you in and make you care, then you cry. That's the movie.

Mr. & Mrs. Smith
-Brad and Angelina......yeah, they are super-human androidinally (don't know if it's a word, but I sure do like it) hot and look great, and blah, blah, blah, blood, fighting, sex, ahhhhhhhhhhh, we DO love eachother. That's the movie.

The Exorcism of Emily Rose
-Not anyone too famous, scary but not gory, interesting courtroom drama twist, blah, blah, blah, scary contortions of the body, fight for justice, happy for all. That's the movie.

So I watched the first two on Sat. night, Exorcism on Sunday afternoon (yep, too afraid to watch it at night alone). Sunday I got up around 9:30 and had a laundry list of things to do. Didn't get them all done, but quite a few. Laundry, pedicure,Wal-Mart. That's all she wrote, that was enough. Played spades more, made some dinner, watched TV. Went to bed around 11ish, and there you have it.
You be the judge.

Not that it's a big deal, because if I had gone out my weekend would have gone like this:
Went to the Landing, got drunk, passed out, woke up, hung over as hell, breakfast w/the usual, lay on couch until 8pm, then shower, go to the Landing, got drunk, passed out......

So it's day 9, not too terrible yet, but there's still quite a road ahead......

To be continued...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what about March of the Penguins?

Anonymous said...

they marched. what more do you need to know. I'm more interested in this Landing place... it sounds like a BLAST!

House of Suz said...

Good luck with your liquor-less quest. And remember, the less you drink, the more I get.