Friday, January 27, 2006

"Black Magic Woman" is comin' for a visit!

So my friend Sarah that moved to Portland and then to Seattle most recently is coming home for a visit. For you Landing folks that were around before I took my 2 1/2 year hiatus, you know Ms. Sarah Baker probably pretty well, if you know me. We were definitely a two-some there for quite a few years. Sarah is responsible for me finding The Tipp, which then led to The Landing.
I met Sarah in August 1996 when I began my short career at Patrizio Highland Park. She was a somewhat veteran there when I started, her and Alisha. They took me to The Tipperary Inn in September of 1996, right before I turned 21. I was served without asking for proper ID, as they were quite the regulars there, so an ID from me wasn't even an issue.
The day I got fired from Patrizio, also happened to be Sarah's birthday. Of course EVERYONE was going out that night, but alas, I was now in money trouble, so I said I wasn't going, couldn't spend the cash. Everyone offered in some free drinks, so of course I went. I ended up sitting with Bill at the bar, as I became sad (because I was drunk, and it turned into the "oh poor me" drunk) and told Bill the woes of my day. When he found out I got fired, without hesitation he said, "You want a job? I need a waitress." Then began my career at The Tipperary Inn. Of course 2 weeks later I interviewed w/McCann-Erickson, and started the career I currently hold.
So now you all realize how important this girl is to me, she pretty much gave me great bars, an avenue to meet and love all the people I do!
Thanks Sarah!!!!!!
So anyway, she will be here the last weekend in February, so for those of you in town, it will pretty much go like this:
Thursday Night - Landing
Friday Night - Landing
Saturday Night - Landing
So there's your schedule, stop by any, or all nights, we'll be there having a good ole time!
Sarah's a great gal, wish she didn't live so far! But I'm a former Pacific Northwesterner as well, so I totally get why she is there.
Hope to see you out!

1 comment:

House of Suz said...

OH MY-LANTA! I totally forgot all about that attitude I got served at the TIP---instead of drinks, F Y I. And to now realize it was all SarahBeth's fault!

You're just lucky that you just caught me post-praying at the monk. So I guess I won't be all up in your shit just yet.

When are you going to drag your ass up here to P-Town or Seattle to visit a spell?


Oh, and thanks for posting.....GOOD JOB!