Thursday, June 07, 2007

Seriously...I'm a freak!

So I just got done mowing my front and back yard and I was thinking to myself, man, I am so cheap! Let me explain.


I can drop cash on things like a bar tab, going to a nice restaurant, silly things for myself or my friends/loved one's. But when it comes to paying someone $50 to mow my yard, I just won't do it. Can I afford it? Absolutely I can. I just think that while I'm still capable, there is no reason for me not to do it. Other than it absolutely sucks now, because it's getting hot (90 degrees right now, at 8:45pm) and I need to lose weight and I was sweating like a pig and all hot and gross. My clothes were soaked by the time I got done, cuz the humidity here is un-fucking-believable!


I even had a maid for a while at my old place, before I bought this one. Why? I dunno, cuz I could! That was even more expensive! I've considered hiring them again, but that makes no sense! Why would I pay someone to clean my house, but not mow the yard? I mean the housekeeper is more expensive than the lawn folks! I am such a freak!


So that's my rant.


I still have yet to put my pics currently in my camera onto the computer, so I can take more, as promised, so for now I'll just steal cool images from Google, Johnny was a nice addition to my last post. Maybe I'll do something like this in a week or so, when I have to mow again!


9 comments:

House of Suz said...

I SOOOOOOOOOOO do not miss summers in Dallas. I think it got up to 62 here today (although it was up in the 90's last week).

Anonymous said...

Chicks mowing the lawn, in the heat, even if not wearing swimsuites, is hot... :)

Probably motivated a few other neighbors to mow their own lawns; would have motivated me!

Ed & Jeanne said...

I just stuck my house money in a money market after I sold, rented a house where the landlord does the landscaping and then proceeded to watch the housing market go to crap here. Awesome! Sold high, no lawn mowing. I think I'll go on vacation!

Shawna said...

Suz - yeah, it still fucking sucks big ole hairy balls in the summer here!

rlk - there's my stalker, where have you been? hehehe

E - remember, i've only HAD my house for a year, can't sell shizz, and quite honestly, don't want to, I love my house!

Anonymous said...

lol!

How could I resist an attempt to inspire more women to mow their, um, lawns? :)

Ed & Jeanne said...

And are we now in the post-a-week club? ;)

Shawna said...

I think I might be, I seem to be in a rutt...I'll work on that "E".

Ed & Jeanne said...

"Hi, my name is Shawna, and it has been 8 days since my last post"

Anonymous said...

Ooooh...maids. I remember maids...