Thursday, December 14, 2006

Vengeance in Subtle Ways

Well, had to go have dinner w/the boss and a vendor last night. It went rather well, as my boss was totally normal, as if the whole desk turned around thing didn't happen. I was uncomfortable at first, but after a martini and 2 bottles of wine and a very large alcoholic coffee drink, I didn't care anymore. It was fine, ate well and had a good time.

Today we had a retirement luncheon for a lady that has worked at my company for 26 years. Suprisingly enough, she does not hold the record, we currently have a guy here that's been here for 39 years. Yeah, crazy! Anyway, the point is this. She works under the man that I turned the desk around on. She thought the whole thing was stupid as well as the rest of the company. She decided to use her retirement speech to get him back a little, make him feel like a jackass. It was awesome, afterwards I went and gave her a big ole hug, as she told me she did it for me! She just told everyone about a story (not worth telling, as it's not all that great to you folks) about him snitching on her for screwing around and not doing her job, about 20 years ago. I think the entire company got the gist of it, except for him, which is hilarious. Bottom line, her point was taken, everyone has been talking about it since, that he has ALWAYS been a tattle tale, even 20 years ago (he's worked here for 36 years).

After the luncheon we had our monthly employee meeting. We got our Christmas bonus. 2 weeks pay...yeah, of course I'm more than thrilled and can totally use the money, but it's a bit tainted for me. Don't get me wrong, I'm cashing that bitch and spending it, but it almost feels like a bribe, like we should all just look past the facts of the recent weeks and bow down to them for giving us some extra money, DESERVED money. I work my ass off for this place, they know it, but they think that just throwing some extra money at the end of the year is enough. It isn't, but again, I'll take it and spend every last dime!

4 comments:

House of Suz said...

What's a Christmas bonus?

Unknown said...

Yeah, Suz, I too am curious about this "bonus" thing. What is that? I have never seen such an animal. Perhaps even though your job sucks, Shawna....minbe sucks more...as I have no bonus blood money to spend.

Vivalacrap said...

my christmas bonus is I get the pleasure of working on christmas eve. aw.

Shawna said...

The bonus by no means let's them think I can forget about all the bullshit they have put me through lately. I'm still going to look into getting the hell outta dodge. And most of it was spent in a weekend....I had a bit too much fun this weekend to say the least!