Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Mixed Messages

So most of you have probably read yesterday's blog about almost getting canned over a stupid joke right? Well, I have now decided that my boss is either losing his ever-loving mind, or he's in serious need of some meds. I am seriously considering putting some of my Xanax in his Diet Coke when he's not looking, might do us all some good.

So this morning I went to his office to remind him of my upcoming vacation. I am taking off December 20-22 & 26th. He told me that he was giving me these four days as "comp" time, as I used too many sick days this year, and they took the extra from my vacation days. Apparently we are only allowed to be sick 4 days out of the year, then they start stealing from our vacation (yet again, we work for the Prison System). He said for "all my hard work over the last several months, weekends, the move, etc" basically he's giving me four free days off.

Ain't that the shit? I mean last week I thought he was going to fire my ass, now he's giving me not one, but FOUR free days off??? Don't get me wrong, I appreciate it, and am happy he's doing it, but talk about mixed messages man. Crazy......that is the best way I can describe this place these days.

I will seriously be looking for something else in the new year, I worked for two crazy sister's before I came here, I actually quit that job too, couldn't handle it anymore. This place is starting to feel that way. One day you are worried about getting fired, the next they are giving you almost a week's worth of vacation for free!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The other day this chick looked at me: she smiled; squeezed her arms together to excentuate her bust. So I asked her if she wanted to shag and she said NO!!!

Now that's some mixed message SHITE!

Also, your boss is a knobjockey.

Shawna said...

I'd shag you Tav...;)