Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Crazy Texas Weather

Well, we hit a high of about 77 degrees today. Hope we enjoyed it.

By 9pm tonight, the temperature will drop into the 30's, yes, 40 degrees less than it is now, and within 1 hour (they say). This comes along with severe thunderstorms, up to 1" of rain, and "possible" damaging hail. By 6am it's supposed to be about 23 degrees, so yes folks, get ready for the great freeze of 2006. Dallas will literally shut down. No banks, no malls, no school, no nothing. People here can't drive when it's sunny and 90 degrees. Throw some ice and sleet into the mix and you have about a billion wrecks at once. Our overpasses and highways all freeze over, because they build these monolithic type structures that can't be driven over.

I imagine I won't get to work until around lunchtime tomorrow, if the weather holds true. I am not risking my life because people here STILL don't know that you do not slam on your brakes when hitting an ice patch. I will sit at home, drinking my hot tea and laugh at all the dumbasses stuck on the highways of the DFW Metroplex.

It's supposed to rain all day tomorrow too, and get back into the 20's tomorrow night, so Friday morning will probably be some of the same.

If you don't get a blog tomorrow, that's cuz my ass didn't come to work.

We'll see, the weathermen (and women) here suck, it never happens like they say

1 comment:

House of Suz said...

We were to get freezing rain the other night and I woke up at 1:30 and everything was covered in ice. By 7 am it had all melted. Had to go to work. Bummer.