Saturday, March 04, 2006

Sleep Deprevation


It’s been a rough 17 hours, since Blanca arrived. I’m exhausted. I feel like I gave birth and have a newborn in the house. I guess I do, it’s just a puppy and thank god I didn’t have to carry her in my body for 9 months!
She’s adorable, I love her, I really do, don’t get me wrong. I look forward to 9 months from now when she is a bit more under control.
She is sleeping blissfully in her crate right now. The vet recommended that I put her in when we got home, since I hadn’t done so thus far. She whined for a bit, but calmed down and quickly went to sleep. Think the activities of the morning wore her out a little, thank god!
She went pooh in the office this morning, while I was in the shower, she was pissed. She wasn’t getting any attention, so she went pooh. Never mind that we had already been outside about 4 times before I went in the shower, she peed well outside, so I assumed she wasn’t ready for another pooh. I was wrong. It’s ok though; I needed a sample for the vet (EW) anyway, so I gagged my way through gathering it up and putting it in a bag. Good news, no sign of worms, so at least it was worth it!
I’ve got to go get my eyebrows pretty again at 2pm, and I pity my neighbors if they are home, cuz I know she’ll howl until she wears herself out. It’s going to be a rough few weeks.
It’s very hard to get a good picture of her, as she is really fast and won’t really freeze like I need her to for my digi. So the first picture isn’t that great, but you get the idea. Her eyes are also not that weird blue color, I just couldn’t filter it out. Quite frankly, I’m too tired to try and mess with it.
I haven’t eaten since lunch yesterday, as she is just like a newborn, in that it’s all about her, no time for me. I’m starving, I am also going to treat myself to something yummy when I leave at 1 to go get the brows done, and I deserve it.
I now have to go put my sheets back on my bed, as she soiled them last night, but it was my own fault. We fell asleep on the couch about midnight, and she woke up about 3:30, ready to play. I wasn’t, and stupidly picked her up and her bed, and put her in my bed. Yeah, real smart, she peed right away, so back to the couch for us.
Everything is clean again, so I’m going to go put the sheets back on and try and grab a power nap while I have the chance.
To be continued….

1 comment:

House of Suz said...

Congrats on the new baby.