Sunday, March 26, 2006

House Hunt

Went with my Dad and my Realtor today to look at some homes. She drove past a new listing and we decided to check it out. Glad we did, because my Dad basically tore apart the other houses that I was actually interested in. That's why I wanted him to come, he points out all the imperfections that the normal person would never notice. He loved this house and felt it was the best of them all. The first visit I was just a maybe, but we went back at the end of the day, and I really dig it. It has the potential to be a great house to entertain in, which is going to be necessary, since I won't be able to have quite the social life I am accustom to.

The house has a lot of potential, if you click on the picture, it will show a few more shots, but it really doesn't do it justice. It's got a great little courtyard area that will be great. The yard needs a ton of work, a lot of ripping out of trees and shrubs and stuff, but I really get into that once I get going. A few Monster's and I can do yard work for hours on end. Plus, I won't really be able to go out anyway, so at least there is a good amount of work to keep me occupied for a while. It's got a detached 2 car garage that is really large, plus it's got an added on area that it seems the previous owner would go hide it, has a window unit in it and a ton of book shelves. These would be taken out and that would eventually turn into the pool table room or game room, something of that nature. The large room in the pics with the tile floor is where the washer/dryer connections are, and I'd make this my office/gym. 3 large bedrooms, so there would be two spare bedrooms for friends to crash in!

Really kick ass party house potential. I did take some pics, but only a few at this place before my camera decided to run out of battery juice. So I can't upload the one's I have (sorry Jodi). It's listed a bit high, I'm going to sleep on it, think about it and we are probably going to make an offer this week. It was bought by flippers, and it's been vacant since May, so the potential to get a good knock down price is pretty good, as we have a feeling they want to get this sucker off of their hands.

Only downside is that it is a corner lot, right at Peavy and San Lorenzo, so pretty busy, but again, the benefits far outweigh that one minor annoyance.

Will keep you posted!

And hey, two blogs in one day, Georgie's staring to chill, so looks like I have a bit more time on my hands again!

4 comments:

House of Suz said...

Trees and shrubs and stuff need to be pulled out of the yard? Luckily for you you just got that DOG. It looks like a shrub-killer.

BIG FUCKING KITCHEN! Congrats! Keep us posted.

And on an even more remarkable note, yes, you did post twice! I'm so proud!

Anonymous said...

Looks nice, but in my non-house owning, man-eye possessing, colourblind view it seems to need quite a bit of work to turn it into a home.

You need to shawnarise it... though, I guess that goes for all house purchases.

Nice updates.

Shawna said...

What exaclty are you seeing that you think needs a lot of work? Yeah, you are not only a dude, but a young dude.....tee-hee-hee

Shawna said...

Oh and Sue, that second pic is a totally different room, just has the same tile as the kitchen. Was wondering all day why you thought the kitchen was so huge, looked at the pics again and then realized you think it's one huge room, yeah, that would be awesome, but alas, that second room is what I am refering to as "the weird room" it would be my office/gym/laundry room (where the connects are).