Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Plano-ites

It really never ceases to amaze me how some people act. Certain "sects" of people seem to not think that they have to live by the normal rules of day to day life, like respect.

So I woke up this morning in excruciating pain. I guess I slept in one, very bad position all night, as my neck and shoulders were experiencing shooting pains. I tried my Wal-Mart massager (this is not code for a vibrator, it really is for that purpose), but due to the area, I was kind of defeating the purpose. I had to lift my arms, which caused more pain. I laid in bed and started to cry.

I got to work around 9:30, as I just did not want to move. Typing was/is hard. Turning my head, next to impossible. I realized that Whole Foods has the little chair massager people, so about an hour ago I went up there for my 20 minute massage. I can tell it helped, but I did a doosy on it, so it could quite possibly take a while to work itself out. Noticeable difference, but still hurts.

So on my way back I decide to stop at La Madeleine for a chicken Caesar salad. There's a huge line in the To Go line of course. Probably about 6 deep. Of course I'm already a bit aggitated because of my neck and shoulders. A woman that I had noticed in the parking lot, because she was probably 8 months pregnant and had two annoying little children in tow comes in. She comes in in a ruckus, because of course the two boys are being obnoxious little boys! She grabs a loaf of bread, and is in front of me in line.

The people behind the counter ARE taking forever, but it really doesn't excuse this woman's behavior. She decides (I'm going to assume because she is pregnant and has 2 kids in tow) that she can just cut in front of everyone so she can purchase her loaf of bread. Mind you, she doesn't say anything to anyone like, "would you mind if I jumped ahead, I just need to get this loaf of bread" she just does it! Luckily there were two "sistas" in the front of the line that were not having it. Of course the woman tries to act all oblivious, like she doesn't realize (even though she had been standing there for 5 minutes) that there was one line, and one line only.

So she gets back into line, but hands her two little brats a credit card and the loaf of bread, like suddenly everyone in the line is going to part, like the Red Sea, so these two stupid kids can get a loaf of bread! Yeah, right! Finally one of the sista's speaks up and says, "lady, it looks like everyone in this line has to go back to work, do you? Wait your turn like the rest of us, we are actually on a time schedule, doesn't look like you are!" Man, oh man, did I want to start clapping and laughing, but I didn't. I was proud of myself, because normally I would have been the one to say it. If it weren't for the sista's, it would have been me, but I probably wouldn't have said it that nice.

So she finally gets up there, and then proceeds to argue w/the cashier that her loaf is only $2.09 when in fact she picked up a different kind that was $3.29. The cashier just went ahead and gave her the loaf for the cheaper price, I think she knew where this would go. We all just wanted her out of the line! After she left we all were going nuts, like "can you believe that woman, was she for real?"

I work in Plano now, and the mentality up here is just that. Most of the Plano-ites seem to think that they are above everyone else, and can do as they please. I love it when they lose!

4 comments:

House of Suz said...

My ex lives in Plano. Nuff said.

Shawna said...

Hahaha, oh yeah, I forgot all about that. I haven't seen him since they were up buying the house. I don't get to The Landing as much anymore. But I doubt they would go up there anyway, that's a long-ass drive home!

noone said...

When they lose? They always lose. Their entire existence is lost. They live tired, little mundane lives of complete banality. The suburbanites are ushering in the fall of mankind itself. They should all be rounded up and euthanized, and their children castrated. Hehehe... sometimes a crazy rant just needs a little laughter to lighten the mood.

Shawna said...

Good lord Brandon, do you feel better now? hehehehe Love that! Banality is a GREAT word. You and your big words!

Update on your blog about Pat's visit!!!!