Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Onto New Houses









So the house I made an offer on didn’t go through. The seller is basically a total moron and wouldn’t budge on price (even though their listing said they would consider any offer) so that’s a no-go. These pics are from another house on San Lorenzo, actually the first house I looked at when this started. It was also bought by flippers, and been on the market quite a while. The garage has been converted into a huge room, which I would eventually make into a game room. Pool table baby! Wanna come over and hang out now don’t ya?
I’d make one of the rooms my office, one my bedroom, then the final one being the guest bedroom. Didn’t show pics of the bedrooms, because they aren’t all that exciting. Brand new carpet in the bedrooms, game room and hallways. Not a big fan of carpet, but its brand new, light beige, so it’s not horrific. There are hardwoods underneath. My thought is to wait 4-5 years until the new carpet has seen better days, and then refinish the floors. Time to save some dough so it’s not quite so painful when that day comes. The main bathroom has been retiled and such, but also not that exciting so I didn’t show a picture. The master bath still has the original 1955 tile, and looks pretty good. It’s just got a standup shower, which is fine, and the door on that needs to be replaced, but I know a glass guy…
It’s cute, little small, but it’s just me, how much room do I really need right? The price is right too, that’s what it’s all about. The neighborhood is nice; the people around me seem to take care of their homes, so that’s good. Also, around this area of San Lorenzo, the resale values are going through the roof. Increase in value of about 30% since 2000. Not bad…
First thing that would be done is to hide the hideous handicap ramp in the back. My dad said that putting a deck over that sucker would be no problem. Plus, we need a place to smoke and chill out, right? I’d also eventually put a fence up along the back, with an automatic gate, but those things are expensive, so that might be a while. The neighbors on either side both have up wood fences that are good, so I’d only have to do the back fence, which is also a plus!
It’s got a decent sized laundry room with cabinets above the washer/dryer. Didn’t take a picture of that, as it’s not all that exciting.
I think I will make an offer in the next few days. The latest listings have really sucked, and I really think I need to go with my initial gut reaction. I liked this house from the get-go, so might as well dive in!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Woo-hoo! This is the one u wanted all along! I guess your dad OKed it the 2nd time around? Call Me!

Shawna said...

No, I haven't talked to my dad. He was just annoyed that they half assed did stuff. The house itself is fine.

House of Suz said...

Make your offer, girl! Don't put it off!

Anonymous said...

What is happening shawna?