Monday, April 24, 2006

Doggies & Hizzies

So posting the shots of what Georgie has done to my bathroom, just to give you an idea….yeah, just gonna waive that whole deposit thing and call it a day. I do love her dearly though, she’s grown on me rather steadily the last 2 months. I can’t believe I’ve only had her that long. On Sunday, it’s her 4 month birthday!

Moving is going forward, got a lot done yesterday. Too hung over on Saturday to function as a real human, so slacked off pretty bad. But once I get going, there’s no stopping me, so I was very successful yesterday and got a lot done (yes, I stayed home Sat. night as to make sure to be productive). About to the point where I can’t pack anything else, so I’d say I’m doing well.

I’ve transferred most things, just have phone and water left to do. The City of Dallas of course operates about 2 hours a day (ok, slight exaggeration) so I keep forgetting to call during the day, the only time they are open to do all that crap. I’ll do it tomorrow. Phone I might do tonight if I feel like it, but I just got done doing a bunch of other transfers, so I’m kinda done for the day. I say 2 a day is enough.

Went after work today and purchased my refrigerator, man, they are expensive! But, I got what I want, and hopefully it’ll run for the next 20 years, so I don’t have to freak about spending $1100 on a stupid thing that keeps your food cold. I got a deal too! It was 20% off marked price, so I’m feelin’ rather snazzy on that. What I’ve always wanted, a side by side with an icemaker and water on the front. Growing up as a kid, I always envied those friends who had that fridge. Now I have one! YIPEE!

Gonna keep it short, Georgie is going nuts because I’ve been so busy lately I haven’t got the time to play with her much. She’s sitting in my lap now, making it very difficult to type. Gonna go play w/the pooch!

4 comments:

Gnomeself Be True said...

Sorry, I know I don't know you this well...but I can hardly supress the urge to say "Look Honey, our little girl is growing up!"
Nice to see someone enjoying these little things.

Unknown said...

does it have crushed ice? i love the ones that have crushed ice....

Shawna said...

Yes, it has cubed and crushed ice, you will be nice and refreshed when you get your arse to Texas to come and see my new pad! :)

By the way, Blogger sucks, and couldn't post the pics of Georgie's ransacking of my bathroom, I'll try again tonight, I just got too frustrated!

House of Suz said...

I was gonna say, where's the pics? I want to grade Georgie against the kind of damage Rufus can do.