Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Is That What I Think It Is???

I am seriously starting to get freaked out by the multitude of wildlife, insects and various other creepy crawlies that live in my neighborhood and inhabit my home. Mostly all outdoor, which is great, but shit, it's a long list!

Web worms - talked about those suckers back in June...they're baaaaackkkk!!!!
Black Caterpillars
Water Bugs - yes, we know they are giant man-eating roaches, but we like to make them sound "sweeter" somehow, in the south
Snakes - only ever saw little baby one's
June Bugs - stupidest bugs in the universe
Spiders - I've got my own little Charlotte near the shed, been there for about 4 months
Mosquito's - swear to god my yard was "the place to be" this summer
Roley Poly's - everywhere
Mothra's - all different shapes and sizes
Lizards - they hang out on the wall next to the back porch, Georgie eats their young
Birds taking refuge in my roof, there's a small hole where a pipe goes somewhere and birds nested in there

...the latest thing that Dave discovered tonight is...well, let's just say it's a rather large rodent. Let's just say Shawna already left a message on my exterminators phone at 6:45 pm tonight. Shit, they are ExtermiGAYtors, hope they'll get the damned thing tomorrow.

3 comments:

Gnomeself Be True said...

I've been advocating for the extermination of all non-human and non feed animals for some time.
They creep me out and we need to kill them all.
BTW, spotted owl tastes like spotted owl, which is to say, pretty good.

Shawna said...

I have no intention of eating ANY of the damned things in my yard, I want them all GONE. I guess it's because I live in an older part of town (built in the 50's) and there is a lot of mature trees and growth, guess that's what you get if you want a yard with some nature!

SOOOO GROSSS!!!!

House of Suz said...

We have raccoons and o'possums in our back yard. Rufus likes to bark at them but if they ever get a hold of him they'll tear him up.