Friday, November 16, 2007

"D" is for Delicious!

For those of you wondering, or caring, Dave and I are still doing fantastic. We have settled into our relationship for the most part and he's been a huge help to me around the house and yard. I really appreciate and understand now what it's like to have a true PARTNER. I don't think I've ever had that before, nope, I know I haven't. I love it. I love him.

So last night Dave made me dinner for the first time. While a lot of you might find it odd that it took almost 7 months to do it, it's really not, considering...he doesn't know how to cook. Like at all. Like cooking to him is reading directions, putting "vent" holes in plastic and pushing buttons on the microwave. So this was a big deal!

Well, I'm writing this, so you know I didn't die, nor did I get food poisoning. Not that I was worried, I was just sitting on the couch while he cooked, so if I heard anything odd, I woulda checked in. He did really well, other than a couple of questions, he did it all himself. It was really, really good too! What was it he made you ask? Chicken & Bacon Pesto w/Fettuccine..yeah, pretty nice eh? It was fucking awesome. I mean come on folks, you can never screw up a recipe that has BACON in it, right? God I love pork.

So on the boyfriend scale-o-meter, I'd say he's definitely won the prize. I have NEVER had a boyfriend as good as Dave. He is a wonderful man, I'm very fortunate to have met him.

Life is good...

6 comments:

Ed & Jeanne said...

Nice Shawna! Good to see your relationship is going well still too; I think we started each our ours around the same time. My girlfriend is living with me full time now...things are good! PS...did you say bacon?!?!

Unknown said...

this is the sweetest post ever. btw, beware of the rat poison. don't let the exterminator put out poison, please. We had to put Guapo to sleep Sunday morning because he ate a (poisioned) mouse. We bawled our heads off. It really sucked. I tried to call you to tell you, but couldn't get in touch. I still expect him to come in thumping across the floor, screaming his head off. RIP Guapo.

Gnomeself Be True said...

Good for you.
Having missed out on me by a decade or so...it's good you got lucky anyway.

:-)

Shawna said...

VE - bacon is heaven

Jodi - I am SOOOOOO SORRY! I've tried calling twice today, and I won't stop until I talk to you. Poor Guapo...you know I loved him, all his screaming and crying and all!

iamnot - it's not too late...Dave could screw up! hehehehe

Anonymous said...

I am really happy for you sis. When do we get to meet him? You need to come to SD and visit!

Ed & Jeanne said...

Hey, one post a month isn't asking much.... ;)