Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Survey Says?!?!

So my previous post I discussed my sisters sinking street. This happened one week ago today. I did not get a call back to let me know they were ok. My Dad called the night it happened and talked to her, so we know everyone is ok.

Well, by yesterday I was a little more than ticked that she STILL had yet to call me, and decided to send her an email. Granted, we are not close, never have been, never will be, but COME ON, I am family, give me the decency to call me back and let me know my nieces are ok, right? That's not asking too much is it?

So tomorrow or tonight I will post the email I sent to her, this is going to be a 3-Part blog, as I want initial reactions and such and want everyone to be HONEST about what they think. If you think I'm being a baby, then tell me.

So tell me what you think. Did I have a right to be upset by not getting a return call, an email, anything to let me know they are ok? Let's start there!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You already know how I feel. I find it extremely rude that she could not give you 5 minutes of her time to let you know she and her family were ok. She is and always has been a selfish person

Gnomeself Be True said...

Well...it depends on their situation. If their lives have been disrupted, I would say it's no big deal that they haven't contacted you.
Certainly it would seem they could return an email.
On the other hand, it ain't about you.

Shawna said...

Sherri - of course I know how you feel (this is the other sister folks)

iamnot - of course it's not about me, but don't I have the right to be upset that they didn't let me know? would you feel differently if my dad hadn't been talked to? that's my point, she had no idea if i knew she was ok or not.

Ed & Jeanne said...

I would have sent an email that said "Write back and let me know if you are dead". That way I could be sure...

Shawna said...

Nice, like your line of thinking there, I should have consulted you before sending the email I did. I'm a dork and forgot to send it to my personal email, so it will be tomorrow folks before I can post my email and her response!

House of Suz said...

I am the worst about responding to e-mail but especially phone calls. So I'd probably side with sista. Even though I know it's wrong.

Shawna said...

Suz - I'm with you, but in a situation like this, doesn't it warrant something?