Thursday, October 11, 2007

Survey Says - Part Deux

Here's the email I wrote to her:

Teddy –

I left you a message last week regarding the situation on Soledad and haven’t heard back from you at all. While I know things are hectic, a quick phone call to let me know everyone was ok and safe would have been nice. The only way I knew you guys were ok, is because Dad called me before I had the chance to call him the day it happened! I’ve been following the story online, as that’s my only way to know what is going on, which is a little disturbing and actually quite embarrassing to co-workers and friends, who of course have asked about the situation and your family.

It looks pretty bad when my response is “I guess they are ok, haven’t heard from them”! I am SURE things are more than hectic and you guys are just sick as can be, knowing the situation isn’t over. They aren’t reporting the new area of concern, like they did in the initial slide (reported 5700 block, why I freaked, cuz I know you are close to that at 6179), so I don’t know how close the new area is to you?!?! Can you please just give me an update? I’d really appreciate it! I worry about the girls being totally freaked out!

I know we have not had the best or easiest relationship in the past, we are very different people, but I’d think you’d be just as upset as I am, if a similar situation happened here, and I didn’t return your calls. I have hemmed and hawed over even writing this email, but at this point, I feel like I have to say how I feel. Again, please know that I understand that you and Steve are just doing what is necessary to protect your family, but I am also your family and am concerned about your safety and all of that too.

Please let me know the current status, like are you living at the house? Are you staying at the beach? What does this mean for the future? Are you going to try and sell? See, million questions that are going unanswered.

Hope to hear from you soon, and hope and pray the girls are safe and ok.
Shawna

4 comments:

Gnomeself Be True said...

You wrote too much.
"Hey Sis, still worried out here that everything is alright in your world. How are you all?"

That would have been enough.

Shawna said...

I've always had that problem. I've got a big mouth. The real question though, is do you think it was bitchy?

House of Suz said...

Did you hear back? If they left the house and are living at the beach will they have internet access?

Shawna said...

Living at the beach means their lovely beach house they own as well. I called her cell phone. They have Wifi at the beach as well.