Monday, September 03, 2007

Progress!

So for those of you who have read me since my blog birth, you know that when I bought my current house not only was it a big deal, but I really wanted to re-do the main bathroom, especially since Georgie flooded it the 3rd day we lived here, and the pressure from the water shooting out the back of the toilet ripped paint off the wall and it's been that way since.

Well wouldn't you know it, I finally got it painted, removed some hideously old items and put up some new. Still a work in progress as I want to research the staining a bit more before I dive into that, but I think it's much improved. Dave's not too keen on the color and one minute I love it, the next I hate it. For me, I'm still working on my decision. The Ralph Lauren color I chose, did not seem as bright as it is, but oh well.

OLD BATHROOM

Brought the camera out a bit late, there was an ugly brown thing above the toilet there, to the right of the window, it was fabugly!



Please note in the bottom left of the pic, that is where the water from Georgie biting through the toilet water line and flooding the bathroom tore the paint off the wall. It's been like that since the 3rd day I lived there.


Eighties mirror, was useful as each of the 3 mirrored doors opened...but the usefulness of it, far outweighed the visual appeal.

And to make it more "let's do some cocaine in this bathroom in 1982" let's put these lights on top, yeah, that's right, you look like a STAR in these lights.

Getting Dad to come over to help install new light fixture.....$the cost of a glass of tea



Getting Dad to cut all corners and around moldings and trim because he's been a painter for over 30 years and can do it in minutes and not use painters tape......priceless




NEW BATHROOM (a work in progress....)

Ahh, new appealing, soft glow light and shiny new mirror


Shower curtain #1, too much goin' on with the yellow? This is where the concern comes in.


The other shower curtain, lighter, and crisper yes, but does it make the yellow even more yellow? Ralph Lauren paint swatches may have let me down either way.


So...what's happening in the next installment will be the staining of the woodwork, which it will be a dark ebony, not black, don't let the word fool ya, just some imaginations at work with the color of the stain. Just think Pottery Barn dark "espresso" if you will. The brushed hardware is already bought and ready to apply. I'll save pics of that, for when we get to that stage. There will also be some buying of some assorted things to hang on walls, to hopefully soften the yellow glaring of "oh my god this color is so bright but I am not painting it again damn it" paint color.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

the yellow looks much better in pics than in person. Maybe it is the light that makes it look so bright.

Anonymous said...

I like it - you know me, I love yellow! The new shower curtain looks much better than the old. Good job sista!

Ed & Jeanne said...

I was lucky...I had my sunglasses while reading the blogs today ;)

Shawna said...

Jodi - went back and put in 25 watter's as opposed to the ridiculous 60's I had in, that helped a ton.

E - yeah, yeah, it's bright, but remember, the flash and I'm no "iamnot" so I'm not so good w/the camera

Sherri - first off, YAY for posting, I'm so proud! The white shower curtain is actually the old one, that was up in the closet, I'm assuming that's the one you like better?

House of Suz said...

Hey, if you need help picking out paint colors just ask the Roommate and I to lend a hand. We are super great at it. Oh, and I have a ton of green, eggplant and poo brown left over if you want it. I think poo brown would be GREAT for a bathroom.